Thursday, October 15, 2009

Walkin the dawg

As some people may know, we are selling our family homestead which really sucks because it means I have to move out and find somewhere to live. Anyway's some jerks were coming to look at our house today so I decided to go and take the dog for a walk otherwise I'd have to be there while they snoop around my house and listen to my dog going ballistic out in the backyard. I set off towards the back of Wyndham Vale so I could let my dog run around in the vacant (but soon to be super built-up shit hole dog box housing area) fields.
About 800 metres from my house it started to rain a little bit. I put my hood on and decided that the rain was heavy enough to continue. After a minute it started to get pretty heavy with no signs of letting up so I decided to wait under a tree for a little bit.
This is where I encountered the biggest cat I have ever seen.

The thing was fucking huuuuuuuuuuge. I thought it was a miniature bear. I think Zeena was pretty concerned as well. I thought it might scratch her face off so I kept her away from it.


Here's Zeena looking a little frightened

I thought it might be a good idea to get moving as the rain was letting up slightly. As we began walking it started pouring down rain. I ran for a bit but couldn't keep up with Zeena so I stopped beside a fence. (the rain was coming at such an angle it actually offered some protection.


I pretty much did a combination run/walk all the way home and was soaked through by the time I got there.
It sucked

2 comments: